Heavy rain and flooding are impacting the League City area. City services and road impacts due to the weather moving through follow. The City of League City encourages everyone to stay safe, don't drive into flooded areas.
As of 3:10 p.m., due to severe weather, Republic Services suspended residential trash pick-up today, April 18. Residential trash routes for the City of League City will resume tomorrow with the following schedule, weather permitting.
Tuesday, April 19
- Complete the residential routes from Monday, April 18, and
- Start the residential routes for Tuesday, April 19
Wednesday, April 20
- Complete the remaining residential routes for Tuesday, April 19, and
- Start the residential recycling routes for Wednesday, April 20
Thursday, April 21
- Complete the scheduled trash routes for Thursday, April 21, and
- Complete the remaining recycling routes for Wednesday, April 20.
Friday, April 22
- Normal operating schedules
As of 10 a.m., Trash services scheduled for today throughout League City have been canceled due to the severe weather impacting our area. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we work with Republic Services to reschedule residential trash routes for those neighborhoods who were unable to receive services today due to the weather.
HELEN HALL LIBRARY
The City's public library will operate on its normally schedule for today; however, programs scheduled for the evening have been canceled.
- Lynn Gripon Park at Countryside has been closed due to rising water and public safety concerns.
- Public boat ramp at FM 270/Egret Bay accessing Clear Creek is underwater due to tide height and storm waters making the facility unstable.
- Heritage Park and the Dudney Clear Creek Nature Center have also been closed due to water on walkways and trails.
As of 2:38 p.m., all roads are back open and clear of water. However, we still have some reports of high water in residential areas. The 646 feeder road is also open.
We ask that everyone keep safety in mind and if you come across areas with lying water - turn around, don't drown! Safe travels to all who are on the road.
As of 11:58 a.m., the current listing of high water/flooding reports we have been receiving follows:
Water has Cleared from in front of Gilmore Elementary on 96 per the School
• NB Feeder @ 96
• SB Feeder @ 96 completely under water (Shutting Down Exit Ramp SB)- Diverting all feeder rd traffic onto Main lanes
• SB Feeder Rd in front of Champion Acura (1125 BLK)
• SB Main lanes just before 518, right lane
• Walker/ 96 (almost impassible)
o SB lanes infront of Water Mark Apartment Complex
• Houston/ E Main
• NB Feeder @ Calder
• E Main/ Magnolia St (Near McD’s)
• Calder Dr (Between Main St and Pecan)
• Hwy 3/ W Main
• Clear Creek Ave/ E Walker
• Kesslers Crossing/ W Walker
• E FM 518/ Louisiana Ave
• South Shore Blvd/ 96 in front of Kroger
• 8600-8900 Blk South Shore Blvd
• 7900 Blk South Shore Blvd
• Landing Blvd/ W League City Pkwy
• W League City Pkwy/ Hobbs RD (Westbound, approx 8 inches)
• 300 BLK Hobbs Rd (South of W Main)
• 1225 Blk Lawrence Rd (Near Summer Brook Apartments)
• E FM 518/ St Christopher Ave (Near Clear Creek High School)
• Washington St/ Hwy 3 (Oaks of Clear Creek)
• Windward Dr/ Mariner Dr
• S Nottingham/ Westminster (All of the S Nottingham Horshoe)
• Anchor Way/ Tarpon Dr (all the way down Tarpon Dr)
• Seacrest/ Mariner
• Most of Claremont subdivision is impassible
• Moody and Coburn/ 3rd Street
• Dove Meadows Subdivision
• FM 528/ W Nasa Rd
• Meadows Blvd/ Green Thread
CCISD will be releasing their campuses early today due to weather. High Schools will release at 10 a.m.; Elementary Schools at 11:15 a.m.; and Intermediate at 12:30 p.m.
We will send out additional notifications as they become available.