Donations to Your Library!
Donations We Need
Helen Hall Library gladly accepts donations! Following is what we most want:
- Any material related to local history
- Materials in Spanish
- Printed books, especially those for children
- Recorded books, CDs and DVDs that are complete, playable, and in their original packaging
What Happens to Donated Materials
All donated materials must be in good condition, i.e. no physical damage, smoke damage, or mold/mildew. The library may use the donated materials in the following manner:
- Per the library's collection development policy, some donations may be added to the collection. Items added to the collection may be subsequently withdrawn when they become worn/damaged, out of date, or no longer relevant.
- Some items will be sold in the Friends of the Library bookstore or routed to Better World Books, Thrift Books, or Baker & Taylor for sale online.
Donations That are Not Accepted
Donations are accepted unconditionally and immediately become the property of the Friends of Helen Hall Library. They will not be returned to the donor. The library does not accept donations of the following:
- Any material that violates copyright
- Computer software
- Encyclopedias or outdated materials (e.g. older travel guides, study guides, etc.)
- VHS tapes
Dropping off Donations
The library accepts donations between the hours of 10 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Small donations (i.e. what someone can carry) may be brought to the circulation desk, and large donations may be delivered to the loading dock entrance. For large donations, the circulation desk will forward the donor to the appropriate party to request a delivery appointment.
The library will provide a tax receipt upon request. We cannot, however, assign a dollar value to any donation.