Magnifying glass over the words frequently asked questionsHow can I get a copy of the City of League City Municipal Code?
Visit the City’s website, and click on the City Ordinances link. Hard copies of codes or a particular ordinance may also be obtained from the City Secretary’s Office.

Who do I call to report a possible crime or City code violation?
Reports or complaints concerning any violation of law occurring in the City should be made to either the League City Police Department by calling (281) 332-2566 for non-emergencies or Code Compliance at (281) 554-1030. You may also call 311 during normal business hours for City-related questions, comments, or concerns. In case of an emergency, call 911.

Who does the City Attorney work for?
Under the City Charter, the City Attorney is directly appointed by the City Council and serves at the pleasure of the Council. The City Attorney also provides legal advice and support for all City Officers and employees related to their acts, which are within the course and scope of their employment or official duties. 

Can the City Attorney provide legal advice to private citizens?
No, the City Attorney is legally prohibited from representing individuals in private legal matters. Attorneys in the office only represent City officials, departments, agencies, and employees in the course of their official acts or business. For general questions or if seeking legal representation, you may call the Texas Bar Association at 1-800-252-9690.

What is the difference between the City Attorney and the District Attorney?
The City Attorney is appointed by the City Council of League City. The attorneys in the office provide legal advice and services to the City Council, its officials, departments, employees, boards and commissions. The City Attorney enforces the City municipal codes. The District Attorney is an elected official who investigates and prosecutes criminal activities throughout the county.