Certification Classes and Seasonal Hiring
All classes this year will be blended learning classes. To achieve certification, participants must attend all classes, pass written and practical exams, and demonstrate maturity and responsibility throughout the class.
- Must be 15 yrs old by the last day of class
- Swim 300 yards continuously
- Tread water 2 minutes without use of hands
- Swim a timed event in 1 min 40 secs: swim 20 yards, retrieve 10lb object from 7’-10’, swim back with both hands on brick and face out of the water; exit pool without a ladder
April 8 to 10
Friday, April 8: 4 to 9 p.m.
Saturday, April 9: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday, April 10: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Residents: $150
- Non-residents: $225
Registration can be done online or in person at Hometown Heroes Park. To register online, an account is needed. To create an account, visit: Online Parks and Rec Registration and click on new account and complete the steps listed on the top of the page.
We are currently hiring for Lifeguards and Pool Managers.
The City of League City is looking for mature lifeguards with positive attitudes and a good work ethic to join our team for the 2022 season.
Things to know before you apply:
- You do not have to hold a certification to apply! However certification must be achieved before being fully hired.
- Scheduling can begin as early as March 1st on a limited basis; most lifeguards will begin work by May 24th for orientation.
- During the summer season, lifeguards are required to work 30-40 hours per week with a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Vacation days and time off are not paid, not guaranteed, and are limited based on schedule availability of the team.
- Starting pay-rate for League City Lifeguards is $12.24 per hour.
- Staff are expected to work the entire season, which ends on Labor Day (September 5th, 2022).
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
How to apply: Click this link to apply online for the 2022 aquatics season. Paper applications not accepted.