Find information on qualifications required to become a League City Police Officer.
A Great Place to Work
League City Police Officers enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package including educational incentive pay, bilingual pay, paid vacations, and paid sick leave. Officers who are certified with at least three years experience are eligible for a $5000 signing bonus. In addition, we have comprehensive medical, dental, and retirement plans.
The Selection Process
The selection process is thorough and may take several weeks. All applicants must successfully pass each of the following phases in order to qualify for a position:
- Applicants meet all City of League City eligibility requirements
- Applicants take and pass Nelson-Denny civil service exam (Nelson-Denny practice exams are available online)
- Applicants take a physical/functional capacity test
- Applicants are interviewed by an oral review board
- A background investigation is conducted
- A polygraph examination is administered
- A medical examination and drug testing is done
- A psychological test and evaluation is performed
- The applicant is hired