Our volunteers are essential to our lifesaving mission. When you volunteer with LCAC, you’re giving the animals one of the greatest gifts of all — your time.
Whether you’re spending one-on-one time with the animals, helping at events and fundraisers or assisting in some other way, you’re helping the animals to feel loved. For that, everyone here at LCAC is incredibly grateful, especially the animals. We wish you an enjoyable, safe, fulfilling and rewarding volunteer experience!
- Ages 16+: While LCAC recognizes that many bright minds younger than this age have a philanthropic urge to help animals, we do not allow anyone under the age of 16 to volunteer. Volunteers under the age of 18 will be required to have a parent/guardian sign their liability release and essential capability forms. We encourage individuals to check out a list of other activities your youth can do at home to help us save lives! Learn more by clicking on LCAC Group Volunteer Projects (PDF).
- Time Commitment: LCAC Volunteers, especially those who help us with animal care, go through an extensive training which requires a commitment of our city resources. As a result, we require that volunteers make a commitment to volunteer a minimum of two shifts per month and for a minimum of six months.
- Community Service Requirements: Judicial (or court mandated) community service hours cannot be earned at League City Animal Care. If you require community service hours for school or other service organizations, we can provide a letter confirming your volunteer hours once the minimum time commitment of two shifts per month for six months has been met.
- Submit an Online Volunteer Application, which includes signing a volunteer agreement and a Release and Waiver of Liability form.
- Once accepted, applicants will be asked to complete online general volunteer orientation trainings.
- Volunteers will be required to sign-up and volunteer for four Enrichment Shifts at the shelter prior to participating in other various LCAC volunteer opportunities.
- Volunteers must be able to work independently and meet the volunteer requirements – including the Essential Volunteer Capabilities.
- Volunteers must be able to complete online and hands-on trainings as well as attend all other additional training sessions as required by LCAC.
- Applicants must agree and adhere to LCAC's Mission Statement, Core Values, and Workplace Culture Expectations.
- Must complete necessary training in 3 weeks to remain active.
- School or other service organization hours can be verified after volunteers have completed all on-boarding requirements and met the minimum time commitment of two or more shifts monthly for at least six months.
We truly appreciate your hard work and commitment to helping save the lives of homeless pets. So, depending on where you decide to volunteer your time and talents, you may:
- Be able to participate in the private online communities provided for LCAC volunteers
- Receive formal and informal recognition from LCAC staff
- Be provided with opportunities to move into leadership volunteer roles as appropriate
- Receive special invitations to events and activities sponsored by LCAC
Your mileage costs and other expenses relating to your volunteer work may also be tax-deductible. Please consult with your tax professional for more information. Submit an Online Volunteer Application