Health Risk Assessment
What Is a Health Risk Assessment?
A health risk assessment, or HRA, sometimes called a health appraisal or health assessment, is a screening tool that helps individuals identify and understand their health risks and monitor health status over time. A health risk assessment includes a questionnaire, an assessment of health status, and personalized feedback about actions that can be taken to reduce risks, maintain health, and prevent disease.
A health risk assessment usually includes questions in the following areas:
- Demographic characteristics – age, gender
- Lifestyle behaviors – exercise, eating habits, alcohol, and tobacco use
- Emotional health – mood, stress, life events
- Physical health – weight, blood pressure, cholesterol levels
- Current and previous health conditions
- Preventive screenings
- Readiness to change behaviors to improve health
A health risk assessment questionnaire is usually completed online using a PC, tablet, or smartphone. It may also be delivered as a paper form, on the phone, or in person in a clinic or provider’s office. Biometric data may be collected at an employer health fair, a central laboratory, or a provider’s office and combined automatically with questionnaire responses. Feedback to individuals, and sometimes to their healthcare provider, is usually delivered as an online or printed report.
Health risk assessment aggregate data is used by employers and wellness providers to understand the health risks of a population, to measure the impact of an employer-sponsored wellness program, and to improve the use of resources. Organizations providing population health management services such as a health plan or wellness provider often use the health risk assessment results to identify individuals who might benefit from care-management or health-coaching programs.
Why Participate? For a monthly medical insurance premium discount of $50.00 for employee and $50.00 for spouse.
- Example 1: Core insurance plan is $50.00 per month for employee. If you participate the premium per month is $0.00.
- Example 2: Core insurance plan for employee & spouse is $219.63 per month. If you and spouse both participate total premium per month is $119.63.
Why Participate? Know your health status related to diabetes, heart disease and stroke. Lab-accurate results are produced in minutes. Review your results with a board-certified Nurse Practitioner via virtual consultation and develop a personal action plan.