Apply for Financial Assistance
The City of League City Parks and Recreation Department offers financial assistance for League City residents. Financial assistance is available for most programs, classes and memberships. To apply for financial assistance, complete the attached application, with required documentation and return in to Kenny Walsh, Assistant Director of Parks & Cultural Services.
Please allow for at least two weeks for applications to be approved.
Terms and Qualifications
The Applicant is eligible to receive financial assistance at any age and must complete all necessary forms for income verification and documentation prior to receiving financial assistance. Applicants must be a current League City resident at the time of the program/class he/she participates and be able to verify residency, which may include any of the following:
- League City water bill and current photo ID with matching address.
- Current photo ID, such as an employment badge, with TWO current utility bill.
- Recent verifiable rent or lease agreement that states the applicant or guardian’s name, along with a current photo ID.
The Applicant must submit verification on income, which may include any of the following:
- Free or reduced school lunch programs voucher or letter (must be current)
- Current W2 forms
- Paycheck or unemployment check if applicant household income has decreased since most current W2 statement.
Additional documentation must be reported for any source of income that is received. The following types of income include:
- Unemployment compensation
- Social Security benefits
- Supplemental Social Security Benefits
- Pension / Retirement
- Workman’s Compensation
- Disability Income
- Severance Pay
- Child Support
- Welfare or other public assistance
- All regular pay, special pay, and allowances of a member of the armed forces who is head of a family or spouse, whether that family lives in the household.
- Investment-stocks, bonds, trusts and annuities
- Life insurance income / benefits
- Business income, including self-employment
- Income from real estate, including rental income
- Proceeds from the sale of real estate property
Financial Assistance Award Policy
- Financial assistance applications are reviewed by the Recreation Superintendent (or designee). The financial assistance application and supporting documents must be completely filled out, signed and submitted for consideration.
- Approvals are pending based on programs availability.
- Adults may only apply for financial assistance for his/her self and dependents. Persons may not apply for assistance on behalf of others.
- Financial assistance is only available for programs, classes and memberships.
- Participants must regularly participate in the program, class or membership to maintain eligibility for future program assistance.
- Maximum financial assistance amounts are listed in the application. The maximum assistance is the maximum amount that a person/household is eligible to receive for one year. (Calendar year) Funds will only be approved for program costs at the time of the application and under no circumstance can assistance amounts be allocated for the future.
- Financial assistance is limited and will be available as long as funding permits. Requests may be put on hold until additional funding becomes available.
- Applicants will not be discriminated based on race, sex, color, national origin, age or disability.
- Maximum assistance per individual and per household is limited based on the income chart listed below.
- Please allow 2 weeks to process completed applications.
- Upon review of application, the applicant will be notified of status of the request.