League City is officially turning 60 years old on Saturday, May 14. In addition to hosting a citywide celebration on that day, City departments, local businesses, and community organizations are teaming up to host the “League City A-MAY-ZING Adventure.”
What is it?
Teams of four will compete in a scavenger, clue, and challenge-based quest throughout League City to discover the past, present, and future of our great community. Starting at 8 a.m. at League Park until noon, teams will hunt for clues, answer trivia questions, complete challenges, and capture their experience via photos to earn points. Teams that collect the most points in the four-hour time period will win bragging rights at the finish line party at Big League Dreams and receive prizes as well.
Who Can Enter?
There are six divisions to enter. You do NOT need to be a League City resident to participate.
- Family: Must consist of no more than two adults (17 and older). Kids must be 8 years or older by May 14, 2022.
- Adult: All members must be 17 or older by May 14, 2022.
- Non-profit: All members must work for or volunteer at the same non-profit.
- HOA: One team per HOA. The HOA will decide and enter their team. HOAs with multiple residents interested in participating should encourage them to enter the adult or family category.
- Corporate/businesses: One team per business. All members must be employed by the same business or corporation.
- Super 60: All members must be age 60 or older by May 14, 2022.
Key Things to Note
- Teams must use their own personal vehicles during the adventure. All team members must fit in one vehicle. Vehicles and drivers must have proper licensing, insurance, and registration.
- If any teams violate any traffic laws, the vehicle’s driver will receive a traffic violation from LCPD plus the entire team will be automatically disqualified from the event.
- The adventure is based on a point system, not speed or time. Whichever team obtains the most points in the 4-hour period, wins that division.
How Do I Sign Up?
Each division will be limited to the first 10 teams that register and pay the $60 team entry fee. Registration will open at midnight on March 11.
The $60 team registration fee includes:
- Four swag bags filled with goodies from local businesses
- Four t-shirts
- Four commemorative pins
- Free lunch for the entire team at the finish line/60th anniversary party from noon to 4 p.m. at Big League Dreams
- A day of fun!
We Need Volunteers
For those who don’t want to enter a team, you can help out by volunteering the day of the event. From setting up challenges, filling out scorecards, and welcoming and assisting teams at each stop along the adventure—we need volunteers. Church groups, civic organizations, high school clubs, and individuals are encouraged to volunteer on May 14 from 7 a.m. to noon.
Fill out the Volunteer Interest Form here.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
Several community partners are assisting with League City’s A-MAY-ZING Adventure. They include:
Title Sponsor: UTMB
Platinum Sponsor: Hampton Inn and Suites and Candlewood Suites of League City
Gold Sponsor: Texas-New Mexico Power, The Sign Shop, and Community Impact Newspaper Group
Silver Sponsor: League City Rotary