Citizen Satisfaction Survey
Every two years, the City of League City hires the ETC Institute—a nationally recognized government research and survey company—to administer a Citizen Satisfaction Survey. Below, we outline the key findings from the 2021 City of League City Community Survey. Scroll down to download the 2019 and 2021 reports.
Award Winning Service
The results of the 2021 survey placed League City as a winner of ETC’s “Leading the Way Award.” The award was created to recognize local governments for outstanding achievement in the delivery of services to residents.
Recipients of the award are ranked in the top 10% of all local governments in the United States with regard to performance in three core areas assessed on ETC’s DirectionFinder Survey: overall quality of services, customer service provided by employees, and value received for local taxes and fees. League City has participated in ETC’s DirectionFinder Survey two times in the last four years, the last being in the fall of 2021. In addition to ranking in the top 10% overall, League City also landed in the top 10% of all large cities in the following categories: feeling of safety in neighborhoods, fire inspection programs, overall quality of life, and as place to live and raise children.
Other Key Findings of the 2021 Survey
- Ninety-six percent of the residents surveyed, who had an opinion, indicated League City is an “excellent” or “good” place to live, which is significantly higher than the national average of 73%.
- Ninety-four percent of those surveyed, who had an opinion, indicated League City is an “excellent” or “good” place to raise children, which is also significantly higher than the national average of 71%.
Percentage of citizens reporting to be “satisfied” or “very satisfied” with:
- Overall Quality of Life in League City: 90%
- Quality of Police Service: 89%
- Quality of Fire Service: 87%
- Quality of Parks and Recreation Programs and Facilities: 82%
- Quality of Library Services: 81%
- Overall Efforts to Ensure the Community is Prepared for Emergencies: 79%
- Overall Quality of Customer Service Provided: 74%
- Animal Service’s Pet Adoption and Rescue Efforts: 79%
What is the Citizen Satisfaction Survey?
The Citizen Satisfaction Survey measures and assesses citizen satisfaction with the delivery of major city services and helps set community priorities for improved services and long-range planning. Core areas surveyed included public safety (police, fire and emergency management), public works/utilities (streets and transportation, code enforcement, water service), parks and recreation, communications, quality of life, overall city services and satisfaction with city services for dollars paid.