- Police Department
- Training Portal
- LCPD Jobs
- Police Officer Openings
- Eligibility Requirements
At the time of appointment, applicant must be at least 21 and not yet 45 years of age.
Applicant must complete a personal history statement (PHS) and pass a comprehensive background investigation.
Applicant must have a stable credit history and not be delinquent in any just financial obligation.
- Has never been nor currently on court-ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense above the grade of a Class B misdemeanor or a Class B misdemeanor within the last 10 years
- Is not currently under indictment for any criminal offense
- Has never been convicted of an offense above the grade of a Class B misdemeanor or a Class B misdemeanor within the last 10 years
- Has never been convicted of any family violence offense
- Is not prohibited by state or federal law from operating a motor vehicle
- Is not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition
At the time of appointment, applicant must possess a valid Texas driver's license.
By the date of examination, Applicant must be a graduate of an accredited high school or have an equivalency certificate and one of the following:
- Transcripts showing a minimum of 30 hours at an accredited institution of higher education with at least a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- Transcripts showing a minimum of 15 hours at an accredited institution of higher education with at least a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale in combination with a Basic Peace Officer Certification from TCOLE
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- An Intermediate Peace Officer Certification or above from TCOLE
- An honorable discharge from the armed forces of the United States showing at least 24 months of active duty status. A copy of the DD-214 is required with the application.
Applicants shall be required to furnish official (sealed) transcripts or other competent evidence of completion of the aforementioned academic requirements.
- If applicant has prior military service, they must have an honorable discharge. Dishonorable, Bad Conduct, or Other than Honorable discharges from the Armed Forces of the United States and convictions under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) are cause for disqualification.
- Must provide a copy of Member 4 DD 214 of an honorable discharge at the testing site in order to be awarded veterans bonus points on the written exam. No photocopies will be made onsite, and electronic submissions are not accepted.
- Must be of good moral character and be considered a person of good reputation and good standing in the community
- Must not be addicted to the habitual use of intoxicating beverages
- Must not currently use illegal drugs
- Must not have previously used illegal drugs or committed theft in violation of the League City Police Department guidelines
- Must not make a false statement, whether written or oral, of a material fact, or cheat or practice any deception or fraud in connection with any portion of the testing, application, background investigation, hiring, or appointment process
- An applicant may not be certified for a beginning position with the League City Police Department if he or she has been rejected as a witness by a criminal prosecutor for Brady violations and/ or being placed on a Brady Disclosure list.
- Must pass the physical assessment given by the League City Police Department
- Must have normal hearing without mechanical devices
- Must have vision not over 20/200 uncorrected in either eye and vision may be correctable to 20/30 with corrective lenses
- Must have normal color vision without corrective lenses
- Must be able to pass a physician's physical and drug test
Applicant must submit to and pass a polygraph exam.
Previous Background Investigations
Applicant must not have been rejected for failing any portion of the League City Police background process within the 12 month period previous to the written exam.
Previous Public Service
Applicant must not have been dismissed from public service for good cause.
Applicant must be examined by a licensed psychologist, selected by the League City Police Department, and declared in writing to be in satisfactory psychological and emotional health to serve as a peace officer.
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement
(Applicable only to individuals formerly or currently licensed by the commission)
- Not have a commission license denied by final order, revoked, currently on suspension for a criminal violation, or have a voluntary surrender of license for a criminal violation, or have a voluntary surrender of license for each license currently in effect.
- Not violate any commission rule or provision of Occupations Code, Chapter 1701
- A candidate shall be rejected for employment if the candidate would be ineligible for licensing under current TCOLE minimum eligibility standards.
Applicant must not have more than two moving traffic violation convictions within the 12 month period preceding the date of the written test. Overall driving record must be indicative of safe driving habits.
United States Citizenship
At the time of appointment, applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
Applicants must pass all phases of the written test with a minimum score of 70%