Every year, League City promotes a rain barrel program to raise awareness about water conservation. The barrels are 50-gallon capacity, mosquito resistant, locking with a child-proof lid, and include an overflow hose attachment. They are used for harvesting rain water, which helps protect rivers and streams from runoff pollution. They also help supplement the water supply by using rainwater to irrigate gardens and landscapes.
Interested in the Rain Barrel Program? Here's how to purchase a barrel:
- Rain barrels will be available for purchase starting on Monday, April 29 till June 19 directly through the program’s website.
- Purchases may be made by credit or debit card.
- Normal retail purchase for rain barrels is $129, but the City is offering a special promotion of $65 per barrel.
- The City will have a limited number of rain barrels available for the public on a first-come, first-serve basis. Residents are encouraged to pre-order their
rain barrels since supplies are limited.
- The rain barrels will be available for pick-up on June 29, 2019 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Hometown Heroes park, 1001 E. League City Pkwy.
Instructions for Rain Barrel Program Rebate:
The City of League City offers a $25 water utility credit for up to 2 rain barrel installations per household per year. The utility credit is only available to residential customers; commercial water customers are not eligible for this credit.
- Rebates will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis until City qualifies 200 water customers for the credit.
- Applications are processed within 30 days after receiving the application.
- The City of League City may conduct a random inspection to confirm installation and functionality.
- Once the credit is approved, it will appear on the resident's monthly water bill.
- Rebate Application (PDF)
For more details or questions, you can visit our Rain Barrel Program page.