One of the most celebrated traditions in League City is Holiday in the Park, a three-day, family friendly holiday event put on by the League City Proud Organization for the citizens of League City, their families, and friends. Holiday in the Park always takes place in League Park (512 2nd Street) on the first full weekend in December—which for 2019 is December 6, 7, and 8. The event features holiday shopping, food vendors, entertainment, and three parades, including the Grand Night Parade which is the largest holiday parade in Galveston County. The theme for this year’s parade is “Hats off to Frosty” in honor of the 50th anniversary of the classic, holiday cartoon.
To request a food, retail or non-profit vendor space, call 281-554-8374 or click here.
To enter a float, car or walking group in the Grand Night Parade, call 281-554-8374 or click here. The deadline to enter is November 25 and all participants must attend a mandatory parade meeting on December 2.
For a full line-up of events and activities, see below.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6 (5 to 9 p.m.)
- 5:00 p.m.–Vendors open their booths.
- 6:00 p.m.—Mrs. Claus reads the Night before Christmas to audience in the League Park Plaza (bring your chairs and blankets).
- 7:00 p.m.—Watch Frosty the Snowman and Frosty Returns on the big screen in the Plaza.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 7 (9 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
- 9 a.m.—Vendors open their booths.
- 10 a.m.—Children’s Parade marches from Butler’s Courtyard (122 N Michigan Ave) into League Park to join Santa at the gazebo (lineup for the parade begins at 9 a.m. on 2nd Street and Michigan. Kids of ages are invited to walk, ride, or be pushed in wagons or strollers. No pre-registration is required. Awards will be given out for best costumes)
- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.—Entertainment in the Plaza.
- 6 p.m.—Grand Night Parade from Texas Avenue to Park Street.
Sunday, December 8 (Noon to 5 p.m.)
- Noon—Vendors open their booths.
- 1 p.m.—Pet Parade lineup begins.
- 1:30—Pet Parade followed by award ceremony for best pet costumes.
- 2 to 3:30 p.m.—Entertainment in the Plaza.
- 3:30 p.m.—Grand Night Parade awards announced.