Beginning August 10, in collaboration with local non-profit organizations, community partners, and leaders, the Helen Hall Library will be hosting a week long event called Operation Grab & Go. The event will bring together available COVID resources, ranging from food assistance and health services to financial aid and more.
Attendees can also pick up a limited supply of free, paper medical masks (five per person) inside an “I Love League City” reusable tote bag. The bag will also contain several League City swag items. In addition, the library will be giving away 100 commemorative cloth masks on a first-come, first-served basis.
The event will be held August 10-14 from 12 to 2 p.m. There will be no more than four vendors per day. Vendors include:
- Interfaith Caring Ministries
- The Baby Stewart Foundation
- Galveston College
- The Galveston County Food Ban
- U.S. Census Bureau
- The Daily Mile
- Gulf Coast Center’s VOCA ( Victims of Crime Act)
- The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
- GardenKids of Kemah
- Rotary Club of League City
- Workforce Solutions – Texas City