The City of League League is teaming up with AMOCO Federal Credit Union and Iron Mountain Secure Shredding to host a FREE COMMUNITY SHRED DAY on Saturday, September 19 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the parking lot at Hometown Heroes Park.
Residents can bring up to three file boxes of personal identifying documents such as financial statements, receipts, or old bills.
When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and have your shred items ready in your trunk or the back seat. AMOCO representatives will greet you and shred the unwanted documents.
If the shred trucks fill up before the end of the event time, then the event will end. Both shred trucks hold 10,000 pounds of paper.
What type of paper documents can be shredded:
- Bond, computer and copying paper
- Adding machine tape
- Envelope (with or without windows)
- File folders
- Accounting ledgers and letterhead faxes
- NCR or coated paper and self-adhesive notes
- Paper clips, rubber bands, staples, tape, adhesive labels, acco fasteners, and plastic tabs do not have to be removed.
What cannot be shredded:
- Cellophane wrappers
- Paper towels/napkin
- Food of any kind
- Phone books
- Styrofoam cups/plates
- Lunch bags
- Aluminum cans, foil and metal ring binders