News Flash Home
The original item was published from 2/18/2021 7:14:00 AM to 2/18/2021 10:06:59 AM.
Home - LC News & Announcements
Posted on: February 15, 2021
[ARCHIVED] Power Beginning to Be Restored to League City Customers
Power is slowly being restored to customers across League City and Galveston County. As of Thursday, February 18 at 7 a.m. a.m. there are slightly over 4,000 Galveston County customers without power. To see the latest outage numbers visit https://poweroutage.us/area/state/texas
If you are without power, here are some tips to keep you and your family warm.
Those with power are encouraged to conserve as much as possible to help ease the burden on the electrical grids and return power more quickly. To do so, residents are encouraged to keep household temperatures below 70 and avoid using heavy appliances such as washers, dryers, and dishwashers.
- Close any blinds/curtains or put blankets or towels up to cover windows and provide insulation.
- Close off rooms to avoid losing heat.
- Stuff towels in cracks under doors, esp. exterior ones
- Wear layers of loose-fitting, warm clothing, especially warm socks and gloves if you have them.
- Eat and drink food to provide energy to warm the body but avoid alcohol or caffeine.
- If you have candles, lighting them can help act as a heat source, especially in an enclosed space. But do not rely on them, and remember to practice good fire safety.
- Under no circumstances should you bring a generator inside the home or in the garage. They should remain 30 feet away from the outside of your home.
- Do not use a stove or oven for heat, this can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- If you go inside a running car to stay warm, take the vehicle outside of the garage. Opening the garage door is not enough.