News Flash Home
The original item was published from 3/2/2021 1:32:00 PM to 3/2/2021 1:34:53 PM.
Home - LC News & Announcements
Posted on: March 2, 2021
[ARCHIVED] Low Flow Toilet Rebate Program
The League City Public Works Department is launching its first Low Flow Toilet Rebate program, aimed at promoting water conservation amongst the community.
This new program gives property owners a rebate for replacing their high water use toilets with new low flow toilets. Replacement toilets must be models approved by the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) WaterSense® Program which assures that toilets meet stringent performance standards. Water-efficient toilets that can conserve water use 20% less water than the current federal standard.
The toilet rebate amount will include 50% of the price of a qualifying toilet tank/bowl, up to $100 for the first toilet, $75 for the second and $50 for the third, each for a separate bathroom (taxes not included).
Residents will receive 50 percent of the price of a qualifying toilet with the following maximum amounts allotted per toilet.
- $100 maximum for first toilet.
- $75 maximum for the second toilet.
- $50 maximum for the third toilet.
A credit will be applied to the resident's water bill following verification.
- Use about 1.3 gallons of water per flush, which is 0.6 gallons less per flush than the standard toilet.
- Powerful and water efficient.
- Modern and elegant.
- Approved by the Environmental Protection Agency’s WaterSense Program that identifies high performance, water efficient toilets that conserve water.
Eligibility and Guidelines
- Limited to residential homes; commercial buildings are not eligible.
- Applicants must reside at or own the home and have a City of League City water utility account in good financial standing for the property where the low flow toilets are installed.
- Completed applications must be received by the City of League City within 120 days of the purchase.
- Purchase of toilet must be anytime after February 26. Purchase of toilets before this date will not qualify.
- Rebates will be processed in the order they are received on a first come, first served basis. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Rebates are subject to availability of funds and success of the program.
- Low flow toilets should be installed and functional at the property. A site inspection may be conducted to verify installation and functionality.
- The City of League City reserves the right to terminate or modify the Low Flow Toilet Rebate Program at any time.