Although the land that makes up League City was originally settled by cattle ranchers back in the mid-1800’s, it wasn’t until the 1960’s that residents voted to officially create a city charter with an elected body of officials consisting of a mayor and council. On May 14, 1962, the State of Texas officially incorporated League City.
60 years later to the date—on this Saturday, May 14—League City residents of all ages are invited to a celebration from noon until 4 p.m. at Big League Dreams to recognize the city’s 60th anniversary.
The FREE family-friendly festival will include
- Rock-climbing wall
- Various inflatables
- Obstacle course
- Bungee trampoline
- Water slides
- Face painting
- Kids crafts and activities
- Corn hole and other lawn games
- Live Entertainment by the Southern Shanks Band
- City swag items and giveaways
- Food and drink available for purchase from on-site restaurants at Big League Dreams