Creating the Movement Against Human Trafficking
There are two upcoming events to raise awareness of human trafficking in our area.
October 6 Event
A lineup of speakers will join together at the Civic Center on October 6 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. to discuss human trafficking, how to recognize it, and resources to combat human trafficking in our area.
- Thursday, October 6
- Johnnie Arolfo Civic Center, 400 W. Walker St.
- 5:30–7:30 p.m.
- Keri Taylor Executive Director at Unbound Now
- Robyn Cory Kristen's Mom, Missing Victim
- Christina Garrone Founder of Love Reigns
- Nichole Bowi
e Mady's Mom, Victim. Founder of Mady's Movement
- Dawn Coryat-Hon Student Support Counselor, LPC., Certified Trauma Resilience Practitioner
- Stephanie Clawson Advocate, Nonprofit Mgmt & Leadership
- Jessica Peck Creator of Alliance For Children in Trafficking, Lead Medical Consultant For Unbound, Author Of “Behind Closed Doors,” Human Trafficking Advocate
Topics of Discussion
- What is Human Trafficking?
- Who does Human Trafficking effect?
- What are some resources for victims to use to heal from trauma?
- Where can families go to learn more about red flags and how to protect their children?
- How you can get involved to help fight trafficking right here in our City
November 4 Event
This free event will address the impact of human trafficking in our neighborhoods and provide resources available to combat this crime. Chambers, businesses, law enforcement, churches, government, advocates, and survivors will be in attendance.
News Conference: 10:30 to 11am
Sherriff Ed Gonzalez, Mayor Jeff Wagner, Department of Homeland Security, law enforcement, Houston Airports, local advocacy groups, and human trafficking survivors will address prevention, protection and partnership.
Panel Discussion: 11:30am to 12:30pm
Moderator: Kerri Taylor, Unbound Now Houston Executive Director
Special Agent Danielle LaFosse, Department of Public Safety State Trooper
Amanda Amore, Texas Forensic Nurse Examiners Clinical Manager
Chris Alston, Clear Creek Community Church Pastor
Nichole Bowie, Founder, Mady's Movement
Human Trafficking Survivor