East Side Bark Park Grand Opening January 28; Low-Cost Vaccines & Microchips, Food Trucks & Vendors
It's finally time! The east side Bark Park at Hometown Heroes Park is finally complete and ready to open. Join us for our Grand Opening celebration on Saturday, January 28 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. There will be food trucks, free City swag, pet-friendly vendors, reduced cost vaccinations and microchipping, demos, and more. The Grand Opening is completely free to attend.
- 9am: Fun Run Check-in
- 10am: Fun Run
- 10 to 11:30am: City of League City Arson Dog demos
- 12pm: Bark Park Ribbon Cutting
- 1 to 3pm: COLC PD K-9 Unit Demos, Q&A
All day activities
- Food Trucks
- Commemorative t-shirts for sale ($20, goes to League City Dog Park Association)
- $5 Microchipping, FREE for the first 100 pets!
- Low-cost vaccinations from AZ Mobile Pet Vaccines
- Dog Adoptions
- Alpha Search & Rescue demos, Q&A
- Live woodcarving by artist Jimmy Phillips
Low-Cost Vaccines & Microchipping
- AZ Mobile Pet Vaccines will be on-site to provide low-cost pet vaccinations. They will take walk-ins, but appointments are preferred. Call 346-402-5978 to schedule your appointment.
- Microchips will be FREE for the first 100 people, and $5/pet after that.
League City Animal Care & Adoption Center will be on site with adoptable dogs. The shelter is critically over-capacity and in need of significant help from the community. View adoptable dogs here.
Barks & Rec 5k/1k Fun Run
Along with all the Grand Opening activities, there will also be a 5k Fun Run. All proceeds go to the League City Dog Park Association to purchase equipment and enrichment for the new east side dog park! This is not a timed event. There will be one start time for all ages and paces. All family members (including fur-babies) are encouraged to attend and participate!
WHILE SUPPLIES LAST, each registration includes a Barks & Rec Fun Run T-Shirt.
Register for the Fun Run here.