Empty the Shelters
BISSELL Pet Foundation, a national animal welfare organization dedicated to ending pet homelessness, is excited to announce it will team up with MetLife Pet Insurance for the foundation’s upcoming “Empty the Shelters” event. With the shared goal of helping pets find and stay in loving homes, this collaboration will save lives by expanding the foundation's reach to include more shelters across the country.
From July 6 to July 31, BISSELL Pet Foundation's Summer National “Empty the Shelters” will occur at more than 335 shelters in 44 states, including FREE pet adoptions at League City Animal Care.
As the nation’s largest funded adoption event, “Empty the Shelters” has helped nearly 158,000 pets find loving homes. During each nationwide event, BISSELL Pet Foundation sponsors reduced adoption fees for $50 or less to make adoption affordable for prospective pet owners.
“We are excited to team up with MetLife Pet Insurance to offer 30 days of pet insurance at no cost to the adopter, as well as the opportunity to purchase an annual pet insurance policy, which could make a difference in helping adopters deal with their pet’s unexpected illness or injury," said Cathy Bissell, Founder of BISSELL Pet Foundation. "Veterinary costs add up quickly, and too often, pet owners forgo care or surrender their beloved pets when they can't afford treatment. This collaboration could help to enable more pets in more communities to be adopted through 'Empty the Shelters' and can help facilitate adopters seeking treatment to keep their pets healthy and in their new homes.”
League City Animal Care Details:
- League City Animal Care's Adoption Center is located at 755 West Walker Street in League City, TX
- Adoption Center Hours:
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Fridays - 11am-7pm
- Saturdays - 11am-5pm
- Sundays - 12pm-5pm
- Mondays & Wednesdays - Closed
- LCAC will be participating with FREE adoptions!
About Bissell Pet Foundation's Empty the Shelters Events:
- BISSELL Pet Foundation was founded in 2011 by Cathy Bissell.
- “Empty the Shelters” is the nation’s largest funded adoption event and has helped nearly 158,000 pets find homes across the country and in Canada since its inception in 2016.
- “Empty the Shelters” provides reduced adoption fees at shelters, typically ranging from $0 to $50 per animal adoption. Each participating organization has their own adoption process and requirements.
- This is BISSELL Pet Foundation’s first “Empty the Shelters” event partnership with MetLife Pet Insurance.