Stephanie Polk from League City’s Convention and Visitors Bureau recently went on KPRC Channel 2 to share some fun and affordable things to do with your family in League City as part of KPRC’s “The Best Summer Ever Bucket List Challenge.”
From water recreation and enjoying nature to visiting League City’s historic district and one-room schoolhouse, check out the top ten list below and watch the video to learn more.
Top 10 Things to Do This Summer
How to have the best summer ever? Explore League City with a top 10 summer bucket list! Whether it’s indoor or outdoor fun for the whole family, League City offers something for everyone this summer.
1. Visit a park Soak in some Vitamin C while exploring League City’s scenic parks and trail system. Walk along the hike and bike trails of Lynn Gripon Park at Countryside or grab your fishing pole and tackle box and cast a line at Rustic Oaks Park. Looking for a picturesque view for the best selfies? Helen’s Garden is the perfect spot along Main Street, League City, with floral arrangements and a bubbling fountain fit for any selfie.
2. Get wet! Pick your waterway speed
Spend your mornings leisurely paddling the 5-mile watery trail of Clear Creek, savoring the beauty of nature all around you. Sit back and relax on pontoon boat rides through lush Armand Bayou, or party on Houston Pedal Barge boats as they cruise Galveston Bay. Soak in the sun and waves on the Boardwalk Beast, a thrilling boat ride that zooms through waters at speeds up to 40mph and leaves your heart racing!
3. Go on a picnic
Looking for a great picnic spot with greenery, shade, and waterfront views? Heritage Park has it all, with a pond nestled in the center of the park that hosts turtles, ducks, and fish. There is plenty of green space to choose from, so take a seat under the shade of sprawling oak trees and enjoy a pleasant picnic in the park.
4. Visit a museumTravel back in time and experience a day in the life of a student in the 1800s at the One Room Schoolhouse Museum. Practice your cursive on the slate, learn basic arithmetic, and immerse yourself in this hands-on history program. Looking for other local museums nearby? Space Center Houston and the Lone Star Flight Museum are just a short drive away.
5. Hit the boutique-shopping scene
Dozens of charming boutiques and specialty shops are sprinkled throughout League City, making the town a great shopping destination. Here, you will discover unique treasures and gifts, gourmet food, locally crafted jewelry, and high-end fashion.
6. Eat a chilly snack
Kahuna Joe’s Hawaiian shave ice specialties with hand-made fruit syrup flavors and ice cream are the perfect treats on Texas’ sunniest days. Kahuna Joe's is recognized as one of the Houston area's best Hawaiian shave ice destinations.
7. Visit an art galleryExplore the Art of Paper this summer. Unique paper craft pieces and origami birds created by local artists and residents are on display at the public art gallery inside the Johnnie Arolfo Civic Center. The vibrant art scene doesn’t stop there. Spot colorful traffic box murals as your drive through town, each painted by local artists in League City and the Bay Area Houston.
8. Book a staycation
A luxurious weekend awaits at South Shore Harbour Resort. Book a staycation at the full-service waterside resort, complete with spacious, contemporary guest rooms, a marina-side pool (with a swim-up bar and private cabanas), and local restaurants right inside its doors. Attend one of the Sip & Sail Cruises, a perfect excuse to get out on the water and enjoy a 2-hour, adult-only cruise on Houston Party Boats.
9. Cool off indoors
Air conditioning is your best friend in this Texas heat. Test your axe-throwing skills, do a couple of summersaults on trampolines, or become the champion of laser tag in the comfort of indoor venues. Axe Masters, Tee Box, Jumping World, Main Event, and more offer plenty of fun for the whole family while staying nice and cool indoors.
10. Enjoy seaside dining
Feast on fresh Gulf seafood at waterfront restaurants all around League City and Bay Area Houston. Offering incredible food and the best views, waterfront dining is a local favorite in League City.